Sunday, May 16, 2010

The UGLIEST bruise

I'm getting my blood drawn every other day to check Estradiol levels, to see if my follicles are maturing.  I have no idea where they hired this new chick, but she is THE worst phlebotomist I've ever encountered.  I used to have world-renowned, prize winning veins, Mr. T** neck veins.  Okay, not really, but they were rubbery and bouncy and were always accessible.  Lately they've been in hiding, I think they're still recovering from February and all the torture they saw.  This, coupled with the lousiest p-botomist, it's not been very fun lately.

Draw 1, she couldn't hit the vein.  "Do your veins roll?" "I don't know!" I said back.  She switched to the other arm. Scrape, scrape with the alcohol pad.  Scrub with the sandpaper, I mean gauze.  Finally, it came out from my right arm.  Two days later, on draw 2, my blood was flowing like molasses.  It took 2 minutes to fill 1 vial.  Two days after that, on draw 3, everything went fine, but she left me with this ugly bruise (I'm still not sure why there are 2 holes, she only used 1 needle).:



**I'm still not sure why I chose Mr. T's neck veins as a visual, considering Mr. T's neck was never once visible, and confirmed by recent Google image search, I have yet to catch a glimpse of the elusive body part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment